Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Samson

I had to say goodbye to my dog Samson today; we put him down on relatively short notice due to a decreasing quality of life. I spent a good portion of the day lying with him, petting him, and sobbing. 

We adopted him (unexpectedly) as a puppy, on Halloween Night, 2008... Almost two weeks shy of 14 years ago. 

Here are some photos from a ghostly photoshoot we did a few years ago. 




Goodbye Samson. Rest easy buddy. You're a good boy, and I love you.


I'll be spending some time grieving our loss, but I will try to continue regular blog posts leading up to Halloween. 

Give your furry familiars an extra tight hug tonight. 

7 comments:

  1. So sorry, T. Rest easy, Samson. We'll see you again at the rainbow bridge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. Remember all the good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet boy <3 I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samson looks pretty happy in those photos. A Halloween dog for sure. I have a feeling you gave him a really REALLY nice life, T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for the kind words and encouragement. Your support means the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a doll in his ghost costume. Our furry friends always leave us way to soon.

    ReplyDelete