Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Halloween 2022: The Carver


Beware of The Carver
On Hallowe'en Night.
A sharp knife he carries...
He's really a fright!

Don't let him catch you
With a shadow'd embrace...
He'll scoop out your seeds,
and carve you a face!


Turns out I was so excited to shoot video for this year's display that I photos kind of fell to the wayside... But I do have plenty of footage with even better angles.

Until I get that edited, here are the best of the photos I did take.  































I'm quite satisfied with this year's theme, and I think it really came together. As with every year, I learned a lot (#1: When taking photos, make a shot list!). There's things I'll do again and things I'll do differently, but at the end of the day, I'm happy with this one.

My neighbor has already greenlit me for next Halloween!  I better get started...

Thanks to everyone who's been following the blog and my Instagram, your continued interest and support mean everything to me!  

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! First prop like that I've made. Essentially just a mud reaper.

      Delete
  2. Truly wonderful Haunt and theme. Just incredible. And your scarecrows are terrific of course! LOVE love love the Carver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted a bedtime-story/boogeyman kind of character... ("Don't act up or The Carver will get you!") And of course he needed a vintage nursery rhyme.
      The scarecrows were the answer to the question, "what happens if he DOES catch you?"

      Delete
  3. You've outdone yourself this year. Great work and the idea of ​​the carver is phenomenal. I like how the scarecrows' rotten skin was carved. I'm really fascinated by it. You can be proud of your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! And thanks for pointing out the carved skin, it's my favorite detail

      Delete
  4. I'm with Haunted Eve and Rot. The Carver is great! I love that crouching position that he's in. So menacing!! Well done on the display and can't wait to see next year's setup!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton! I wanted it to look like you were interrupting one of his carving sessions...

      Delete