Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Halloween 2021: Crop of the Faceless Spirit

Since the disappearances, peculiar things have begun to grow.
Usually, there's just one, sprouting from the earth like a cursed sapling.
But sometimes, they're found in hellish groves; 
Grotesque orchards of anthropomorphic vegetation.
And why do they always look so... familiar?


I am beyond excited to (finally) share my first official yard display!  I would have posted these photos sooner, but a corrupted SD card threw a wrench in those plans.  After two weeks of on-and-off recovery attempts, I finally have some stuff to share.
Click on each picture for full-size















And below, the scene of the ritual:  Innocents left to die, an offering to the Faceless Spirit, only to be re-grown as part of the Crop.








And here are a few daytime shots:














Huge shoutout to Pumpkinrot and his blog; a wealth of yard haunt knowledge and inspiration.  Shoutout to my sister for helping to carve so many pumpkins only a day before Halloween.

I learned a lot through reading blogs and forum posts, and through trial and error.  Not everything came out exactly as I had hoped/imagined, and there are plenty of things that I wont be doing the same way in the future.  But overall, I am quite pleased with my first display.  Everyone starts somewhere!




4 comments:

  1. Wowwwww, these are spectacular! I'm seriously impressed that this is your first display, I would have assumed you had been doing this for years - congrats on your first of many successful home haunts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a few one-off props here and there, but nothing this scale. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. This is really amazing work. And I agree about the lunacy of THIS being your first Haunt! It's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that is high praise! To be fair, I had the wellspring of knowledge that is your blog to assist me, and for that I am truly grateful.

      Delete