Friday, October 15, 2021

The Great Pumpkin Project: October 14th

Placed on a plain ol' rusty park bridge.  Plenty of pedestrian traffic, should hopefully make for some increased project exposure.



Another homemade tag.  In addition to the Instagram hashtag, I've started writing "Do Not Disturb" on the back of each tag.  My hope is that if someone where to consider removing the jack o'lantern, this message would give them pause.  

It also has an added bonus to anyone who reads the tag, as they begin to wonder, "'Do not disturb'? What's so important about this pumpkin? Why is it here? Why can't it be moved?" thus adding to the Halloween mystery...


Swung back by this morning, and the jack o'lantern was still there.  Had to reattach the tag (presumably blown off).  I might start drilling a hole in the stem for the tag string, as I've seen others do.





2 comments:

  1. I love him! He looks so happy and content where you left him. One of these years, I want to participate in this challenge when I have more time and resources to do it. Until then, I will just have to enjoy watching other people's great pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always blown away by the folks who can do all 31 nights. I can barely manage one a week! But even if I could only place just one, I still would :)

      Hope to see a contribution from you in the future!

      Delete