Sunday, April 17, 2022

Halloween 2021 Sketches

When planning a Halloween display, I doodle any ideas or designs in a little notebook that I try to keep on my person at all times.  Here are some of those sketches from last year's display, Crop of the Faceless Spirit.

On the top right, you can see an unused design of an
upside-down pelvis/spine/ribcage tied to a bindrune (my icon)


I toyed with the idea of the Faceless Spirit having arms and a ribcage.
I hadn't come up with a proper name for the haunt at this point.


Victims beneath the tree were going to be accompanied by "Stubby",
 but I ended up tying him to a tree among the other corpsecrows.


One more corpsecrow design and my concept
for the little tripod lanterns

(As usual, shoutout to Pumpkinrot for a lot of the inspiration for these props and associated fabrication techniques.)

I've begun sketching designs for Halloween 2022, and am testing a few new methods for my props.  Here's hoping it will all come together in time (less than 200 days left!)

No comments:

Post a Comment