Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Clove Gum

The other day at work, a customer came up to my register and purchased a 5-pack of clove gum for 99¢.

Now, I love clove, both as a scent and a flavor.  It's pretty much the spice of Halloween (alongside anise).  I had seen the gum in our queue line before, and had wondered whether or not it actually tasted like cloves or if "Clove Gum" was only a brand name.  

I asked the customer if they had ever tried it before, explaining that I had never tasted the stuff myself.  Without a word, the customer pulled a single piece of gum out of the pack and held it up for me.  

I told her she was too generous, and at first tried to refuse their donation (refusing gifts is inexplicably customary for me), but upon her insistence, I graciously accepted the solitary stick.


I chewed it on my break.  It does, in fact, taste like cloves.

The flavor wasn't super strong, which was almost disappointing, but the flavor had a lingering mellow spice that tickled my tongue.  

Yet another product to fuel my clove obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment