Friday, March 24, 2023

Now Drinking: Black Mountain Bandito

A last minute cocktail post in honor of Cocktail Day!  I have completely exhausted my monthly booze budget, but I had to make this one... Tonight I'm drinking my all-time-favorite cocktail: a Black Mountain Bandito!

This drink was created by The Dime bar in Gainesville FL, and ever since having one there, I've been making copycats at home. Pretty happy with my homemade recipe so far. I use the same ingredients as The Dime, though the ratios may need some more tweaking.  Here's my version:

Black Mountain Bandito
- 1½ oz Amaro Montenegro
- ½ oz Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur
- 1 oz Mezcal
- 1 orange peel
Pour ingredients into a rocks glass over ice (one big cube works best here) and stir.
Flame an orange peel over the drink, and drop in.


This cocktail is boozy with a smokiness you get on the exhale after you sip, and I find that this is balanced nicely with the botanical Montenegro.  I'm no sommelier though, so that's pretty much the depth of my analysis haha.  

Happy drinking!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This is definitely something I'd love to drink. Thanks for posting the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! If you end up toying around with the ratios and find something you like better, report back!

      Delete