Sunday, June 2, 2024

“Summer” update: A Verbose Postponement

Though it hasn't officially begun, the heat of Summer is upon us here in Central Florida, with 100° heat indexes at least once a week at this point.  I hope everyone is finding ways to stay cool as we enter the more miserable months.

After taking a few months away from the blog, I'm feeling the Halloween itch again.  Stress from "normal life" is winding down currently, and the heat is winding up... it's no wonder I long for Fall's gentle embrace.

Last Halloween, I announced I was postponing my yard haunt.  While I had initially planned to finish it for 2024, I think it's for the best if I save it for one more year.  I simply do not foresee myself having the time or funds for the fully-realized display.

Instead, I'm going to be focusing on making more one-off props this season. I want to start taking props out to locations for photoshoots.  This way, I can continue to practice new prop-making techniques, accrue pieces for the full haunt, and (most importantly) fulfill my incessant need to make spooky stuff!

Thanks, as always, to all of you who stop by the blog.  Stay tuned for more!


Only 150 days until Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment