Saturday, June 22, 2024

Please Write In! - Halloween Creep

I am beginning to research and draft a future post on what I have started to call "Halloween creep" (in the same vein as "Christmas creep") and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I've noticed the growing trend of stores stocking Halloween items farther and farther in advance, occupying shelves as early as mid-summer.  Many people are more than happy to begin to celebrate the holiday before Fall has even started, and it seems like this crowd is growing.

I'd like to hear what other Halloween people have to say about this trend.  Why are you happy to start celebrating early?  Or why do you prefer to wait?  For those that start early, do you feel the same way about people who celebrate Christmas early?

Whether you like or dislike this growing trend, weigh in by commenting below or emailing me at tjalgahorn@gmail.com.  If you'd prefer to stay anonymous in my final write-up, simply say so and I will leave out your name/handle.

Can't wait to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. I have a late July birthday and when I return from the bday romp I am ready to begin fall/Halloween festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t mind seeing Halloween/fall scenery, even if it became an all year round thing. However there is a special feeling we would lose when it was more of a (month) long holiday instead.

    ReplyDelete