Monday, May 23, 2022

Now Watching: Early to Mid 2000's Halloween Home Videos

A simple pleasure of mine is watching videos of people's Halloween decorations, parties, or trick-or-treating, specifically from the early to mid 2000's.  These videos scratch a very precise nostalgic itch of mine.

These videos also tend to disappear from YouTube.  Many of the ones I watched regularly (don't judge me) have been deleted, or have vanished after the original account was terminated.  It really makes me sad.  I wish there was a huge archive just for videos like this.  

It disheartens me to wonder how many Halloween home videos have been erased from the web...  how many wonderful October memories have been lost... I've even contemplated buying a larger hard drive just to download and preserve this kind of media. 

I swear, I'm going to turn in to a digital hoarder... 
*pours booze*

No comments:

Post a Comment