Monday, July 18, 2022

Halloween 2022 Update: Yard Acquired

Last year some friends of mine were kind enough to allow me to decorate their yard. Since that option was off the table this year, I was forced to look for a different foster yard. 

Fortunately, after speaking with several folks in my neighborhood, I've got a promising yard lined up for this year's display. I'll be meeting with my neighbor in a few days to discuss my plans for his yard. 

I just hope he's accepting of my "artistic vision" as it were.

Anyway, let's wrap up this sleep-deprivation-and-alcohol-induced post with an impromptu photo I took of my back porch, which is currently choked with branches and twigs.  Featuring a jack o'lantern ornament by Primitive Pig Folk Art.


 

4 comments:

  1. that's really good news. Then I want to wish you a lot of fun working on your creations and that everything works out. And don't worry, I'm sure it's going to be great.😉👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, friend! I appreciate that a lot. I spoke with him the other day, and he's the coolest guy. Said he'd be fine with whatever I choose to do. Made me really excited for this year.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of having a Halloween "foster yard"! I've barely decorated our place in years because we're just in an apartment and it's not a neighborhood for trick or treating. I might help decorate a friend's house this year, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My experience with foster yards has been positive so-far! I definitely recommend it if you have some friends that are open to the idea.

      I hope the idea of "adopting a haunt" catches on. So many yards are in need of Halloween spirit, and so many haunters are in need of a yard!

      Delete