Saturday, October 1, 2022

The Great Pumpkin Project: October 1st 2022

Happy October everyone! Kicking off the month with a GPP placement beneath a roadside oak. 

The road winds through an only half-developed area, so there are still many trees and plenty of dark spots, but it still has lots of traffic. I hope this guy brings someone a little Halloween cheer.






I won't have the time (or the cash) to participate every night this year, but I'll definitely do as many as I can!

If you want to know more about The Great Pumpkin Project or participate yourself, check out this post of mine and follow @GreatPumpkinProject on Instagram!

2 comments:

  1. Great location! What are you using for the pumpkin light?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a small wax tea light (the kind in a metal dish). I don't like the idea of leaving battery-operated plastic lights.
      To mitigate fire hazards, I make sure there's little to no flammable tinder near the pumpkin, and I always place them when the pumpkin is still fresh and moist inside.
      Those tea candles will extinguish after 2 hours, or sooner if a breeze blows it out or if the pumpkin is even lightly bumped.
      Because of this, there's virtually no risk of a fire spreading (in my area).

      Delete