Thursday, May 18, 2023

UPDATE: New Job!

You'll have to forgive my absence from the blog the past couple weeks. I've been very busy with my new job! 

I've been hired on as an artistic fabricator with a fabrication company in Orlando. I can't share the name of which one I work for due to privacy and non-disclosure concerns.  They are one of several companies that offer scenery and prop fabrication for some big names in the themed entertainment industry. Those companies provide designs and we're the ones that build it!

We're currently tied up with several big projects that I can't talk about, but I'm hoping we are able to do some work regarding a certain unnamed large-scale Halloween event in Orlando (*wink wink*).  My company has made things for it in previous years, so fingers crossed.  All in all, I'm super excited to be working for them. I plan on working with them for at least a year, but could be longer (or shorter). 

Unfortunately, working here poses some problems for my own personal projects, namely my yearly yard haunt. This job is currently requiring most of my time throughout the week, and it is exhausting. To get an idea of just how exhausting and time consuming it's been, this is the third day in a row I've tried to write this post because I keep passing out as soon as I get home. 

I definitely have plans for this year's haunt, but it will be a week or two before I can confidently say whether or not I'm going to execute on those plans.  I'll be sure to give an update then.

Send those Halloween vibes my way.  Fingers crossed for a 2023 yard haunt!

1 comment: